Wednesday, June 25, 2008

One Year Ago


June 26, 2007 at 7:37 p.m our sweet little Nalley Kathleen made her grand entrance. It was the most emotional and joyous day of my life. Shayne and I were talking last week about when she was born, and I really don't remember a lot of the details, thank goodness. I remember it being the hardest thing I've ever done and yet the most rewarding.

My pregnancy was not easy, and truthfully, I didn't enjoy it all that much. There were aspects that I loved, and look forward to doing again, but I am not one of those women who can say that they enjoyed every day and would do it a thousand time...nope, not me!
We have a fun filled day planned. We are keeping Maybel out of school (THANK GOD Friday is her last day) and we're going to the zoo as a family. We're taking a picnic lunch to the park for after and then we'll end it up with homemade cupcakes and a swim in the pool. Grandma and Granpa are in BC visiting Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa with the rest of the family, so no one is here to celebrate with Nalley except our little foursome. Today happens to be Grandma and Grandpa's (Brent and Wendy) wedding anniversary. Yes, Nalley was born on their 25th anniversary...her early arrival (2 weeks early) botched their anniversary dinner plans.
This is a picture of our first few minutes at home with Nalley.


3 days old and her first visit to Starbucks (go figure...the Murrays are ALL addicted to Starbucks). Funny story behind this picture...Brent (my FIL) thought it would be cute to have a picture of her with her first Starbuck's drink...i.e. the raspberry mocha frappaccino seen below. He had her propped up and the mini-drink in front of her. Her head was so wobbly that it fell right over into the whipped cream and raspberry drizzle...it was ALL OVER her face and her little tongue just started poking right out, licking up all the yummy, sweet goodness...it was HILARIOUS! That little starbucks' cup is hiding a HUGE raspberry drizzle stain on her outfit!



Here's to our sweet angel's very first birthday!

1 comment:

Laura Ping said...

cute, cute, cute layout.

HAPY BIRTHDAY. Enjoy your day with the girl's and Shayne. Sounds perfect.