Thursday, July 31, 2008

Not Again...

We have had yet another wonderful week complete with standard issue ER visit. This time it was not me. Nalley woke up from her nap on Tuesday afternoon burning up. I thought she was just hot from sleeping under her lovie blanket but she was super clingy too. Not typical Nalley.

We've made 2 trips to the ER, one Tuesday night, we didn't end up staying b/c the tylenol had lowered her temp enough that it "wasn't high enough to be alarmed about" according to the ER admissions nurse. We went back last night after I got home from my "play date" with Lisa, whom I met a little while ago. She is super sweet, super talented, and we have so much in common. She had asked me over to "scrap" and chat and eat some delicious snacks and I really wanted to go, but didn't really know if I should. Shayne insisted that I go and he would call me if anything happened. So, I did, and had a great time!!! Thanks Lisa, you are too much fun, and your kids are FABULOUS!

When I got home, Nalley's fever had spiked to almost 103 and I was worried. We set off to the ER, for the second night in a row...I was determined to find out what was wrong and get my sweet baby better. We got there at 12:30 a.m. and left at 5:30...one long night in some uncomfortable chairs, going on NO SLEEP and a 1 year old that is miserable and fussy...it was a totally typical trip to the ER... Nalley has an ear infection and also another possible infection that I can't pronounce, or at least not without it sounding like I'm saying something vulgar. The ER doc said that they've seen lots of these cases recently, so he put her on some strong antibiotics. She seems a bit more chipper this afternoon, but still clingy and totally not herself. Still not eating or drinking very well, but we've resolved that she can have ANYTHING she wan't, if she'll eat it...I probably let her eat straight from the sugar bowl at this point. She did eat a few frozen peas this afternoon...turned down all of her other favorites like apple muffins, cookies, etc...my weird kids. We're crossing our fingers for a non-eventful, ER-free, happy, healthy, sunny slice of summer next week...

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry to hear about your way too eventful last few days. Thank God they know what is wrong and are treating it. Still - it is so hard to watch babies who are sick. You feel so helpless.

Here's to hoping you have a very UNeventful weekend.

Valarie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby being sick. It's the pits.

I am glad to have found you and that you have a blog! I will definitely be stalking it.

I love you girl and I can't wait to catch up with reading your blog.