Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Photography Course and One Year Needles

Since diving into the scrapbooking world, photos, good photos are now of the utmost importance. After all, you can spend hours on the layout and design of one page to have a mediocre (at best) picture of the wonderful memories that you've tried to capture. It just doesn't make sense. So, my amazingly wonderful husband bought me a new DSLR camera a while back, you can read the post here. I soon realized that I was overwhelmed (I knew I would be) at the lack of knowledge I had on the whole photography/camera world. It just goes to show that yes, good equipment does make a difference, but so many are quick to sell short the skills of a photographer and give all the credit to the camera...not the case.

Around the time I got the camera, Jessica Sprague announced that she was going to offer a Photography 101 class taught by Candice Stringham....yay for that...I was so excited. There were only 200 spots available for this online class, so I registered for it the second that I got the e-mail reminder that registration was opening. It started on Monday and our first lesson is on shutter speed. Our first assignment was to capture a motion shot with a fast shutter speed and one with a slow shutter speed. Here is what I got. Nalley playing at the park in the swings...her FAVORITE. We did it first thing this morning before her appointment for her 1 year check up. I knew we'd be at home for the rest of the day, recovering from her needles. She cried so hard, I felt just terrible. But they're over, no more for another 6 months.

This is slow shutter speed:



This is fast shutter speed:


Still no teeth. Shayne and Wendy said they saw top ones yesterday and I thought I saw a bottom, side one, but this morning her doctor said no...nothing up top and the thing I saw was a gum cyst...nothing wrong, just happens from them gumming everything...what else is she to do without any teefs?

Everything else at her appointment was great...she's healthy and abovc average in both her height and weight. Average for 1 year is 20.5 lbs and 27.5 inches. Nalley is 21 lbs. and 28.5 inches. I weighed her last week on her birthday and she was naked and 20.5 lbs., today she had on a jean jumper and onesie...is that 1/2 a pound? I am impressed, everybody talks about how BIG she is, well not really compared to most, I guess...only in the cheeks!

No comments: