Thursday, August 21, 2008

Chicken Parm Recipe

I wish I had a picture of this, I am one of those people that love the cookbooks with the recipes. If it looks good, I'll try it...I am a visual person. These are really just instructions for how I modified Sheri's recipe.

Marinade some boneless skinless chicken breasts in some low-fat Italian dressing. Discard dressing before you bake the chicken. Place chicken in single layer in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish (we always use our Pampered Chef baking stones). Top with thick spaghetti sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Take chicken out of the oven and top with shredded parmesan and mozzerella cheeses. Recover with foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Take the foil off of the chicken and let it get bubbly and slightly golden. (I don't like it when the cheeses on top of things get hard and crusty, I like oooey, goooey cheese...)

I served it with fettuccine noodles and mushroom sauce and steamed broccoli. It was a treat to have something that we don't usually have. It was FAIRLY low-fat and super good!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Have you ever met someone that hates chicken? Actually Perry and I both hate it. It takes a recipe that completely disguises the chicken for us to like it. We would have to smother it in BACON and a Filet. LOL.

Today I am slow cooking a pork tenderloin in root beer. My neighbor said it is the secret to good pulled pork sandwiches. I'll let you know. I'll have to send you my recipe for taco pockets...

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to try this. I am a "picture girl" too! You should take one the next time you make this. ~Dusti