Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

33 years ago today (August 16th) I was born in Rome, Georgia. Ironically, my brother and I were both born on a Saturday, on the 16th of the month, he at 6:30 something in the evening, and I at 6:30 something in the morning. We were both delivered by the same doctor, in the same hospital, to the same great parents, only almost 3 years apart.

Birthdays have always been special to me. Not just my own, but other people's as well. I love the thought of celebrating someone, just because they're in the world. And now that I'm a mom, I appreciate the "birth" a whole lot more. But I can say that since I've hit the BIG 3-0 a few years ago, birthdays just aren't that big of a deal to me any more. I can remember asking my mom and my grandmother what they wanted for their birthday and getting a none-to-excited answer of, "oh, I don't need anything". WHAT??? How could anyone not want anything for their birthday. At least that's how my young mind worked back in the day. (Well, my wish-list hasn't gotten much smaller even now...) I can sorta see their point though of it not really being such a big deal once you hit a certain point. There are so many other things that are more important to me now, like celebrating my kids EVERYDAY.

I have quickly realized that life passes by so fast, somedays to my sheer disbelief. I simply can't believe that my little teeny newborn baby is now almost 14 months old. Where does the time escape to?

My birthday wishes are pretty simple this year...
(1) Starbucks with my family.
(2) Nice family dinner...cooked by Shayne...everything taste better when you don't have to cook it yourself.
(3)Some YUMMY homemade cake with buttercream icing and ice cream (made by my uttlerly talented mother-in-law, Wendy)
(4) Lots of pictures of me with my family, I am NEVER in any pictures anymore.

This is a picture of the people I enjoy most in life. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these fantastic people...I couldn't ask for a better family. Thank you Shayne for being my best friend, for laughing at my quirkiness and for giving me the 2 most beautiful little girls in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!


2 comments:

Laura said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sorry for the belated birthday wishes - that's what happens when i step away from the computer for a few days to adjust to everyone being in school.

I hope you had a fantastic day :)

Gorgeous photos of your family. Love your dress.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Your way too cute to not be in pictures. I love your dress too! ~Dusti