Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Baby, The Prodigy...

Well, not really, but it seems like it to me somedays! Seriously though, I am really amazed at how quickly these little brains pick things up. I spend most of my days playing with Nalley and Maybel and fitting in some house work here and there...it's been more "there" lately! I teach Nalley where her bellybutton, nose, ears, eyes, mouth, hair, and feet are and we practice all day long. We also talk about colors, objects, etc...all the typical things I'm supposed to be doing. Then out of the blue, she throws me a curve ball...

Today we were playing in the floor and she was "kissing" her toys. She has long been giving sloppy, wet, yucky (although adorable) kisses. Just in the last few days has she been giving us, and everything else is sight, closed mouth kisses with a "kissing sound" to boot. It is so cute!!! Back to the story...we were in the floor kissing all of her toys today and I told her to give her stuffed monkey a kiss. She then crawled away from the monkey in the floor and pointed up to the table and started giving kisses in the direction of the Sea Monkeys. Maybel got these Sea Monkeys for her birthday in the beginning of June and they've been on the table since then. No one pays them much attention anymore, the novelty has worn off. We have never taught Nalley what they are, she's just heard us talking about them. Today she let me know she hears it all. Yay Nalley...my smart, attentive baby!

No comments: