Sunday, September 21, 2008

Feeding the Geese

It is sad to say that it is that time of year again. The geese gather by the 100's around the local ponds to eat their last few meals here in the Great White North before making the pilgramage back South for the winter. I wish I could fly with them, especially this year. It has been a wonderful summer with the girls and we have relished every last minute of the beautiful weather. I am not eager to say goodbye to the summer just yet. Tomorrow marks the Autumnal Equinox and we must officially say goodbye. I have historically always loved fall as well, it means college football, chili and apple pie to me. And although I can still enjoy all of those things right here in the 'Peg, it just isn't the same. Fall is almost a blip here, barely enough days of that lovely *crisp* fall air to even mention. It mostly just turns straight into "freakin' freezin'" and then I'm chilled to the bone for another solid 6-7 months.

Here are some super cute pictures I took of the girls feeding the geese at the pond just a few blocks from us. Shayne and I enjoyed watching the girls toss little bits of leftover bread to the geese. They were some pretty bold geese to get so close. Maybel thought it was cool and Nalley was a little apprehensive at first, then she just started laughing at them. We all had fun!

2 comments:

A Cupcake Life said...

funny because I am soooo glad Summer is almost over. It's way too hot here in the Summer. Those are adorable outfits on the girls. Did you make those? ~Dusti

Nicole LeBlanc said...

Your girls are absolutely precious! LOVE your photos!