Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Random-ness and Catching Up...

These days it seems like I'm always trying to play catch up...with house work, with phone calls and e-mails, with blog posts, you name it. Today is no exception, but I'm actually marking some things off of my list. Well, house work is always last on the list because it seems like even when I do get it done, it's messy again in 5 minutes, so really, what's the point? Man, how things change when you have kids, it still drives me CRAZY to have a messy, cluttered house, but get in line...lots of other things come first. Like playing with my two adorable, stinkin' cutest-ever kids in the whole wide world...and another one that was at my house today...Joshua! Nalley and I picked up Josh (Maybel's little brother) from pre-school because Deidre had an appointment. He came back and played with us all afternoon...we had lots of fun.

Speaking of Josh, Maybel and Nalley...here are some pictures that I took of Maybel's first day of Grade 3 and Josh's first day of pre-school last Wednesday. (Yes, it has taken me a week to get the pictures out of the camera.) We had such high hopes of getting some great pictures of the kids together, but they had other plans. No one, except for the camera ham Maybel, wanted to be photographed that morning...so this is what we got...

So, Diedre and I just resorted to some silliness...we obviously weren't going to get any other willing participants.
We starting getting scared when Joshua pulled out a gun (thank goodness it was a toy...whew).

One more try at the two girls together...but, nope...no dice...
In other random busyness (and FUN-ness) I went and "played" at my buddy Lisa's house last night and had much fun with her *as usual*! We laughed our butts off talking about all sorts of sillyness...and now we know that Sally does Sound Off. What a great joy it is to have friends that you can be happy and light-hearted with. I am thankful for all of my friends and the support we have given and gotten from each other through all of life's stuff, friends really are a treasure!!!
I also had the great pleasure of meeting my friend Jocelyne's precious new daughter, Kendalyn, on Monday night. Jocelyne is super woman, delivering both of her girls frank breech, or butt first. Can you imagine...well, I'm sure some of you have imagined, but holy cow...talk about some pain. Kendalyn is the cutest little bundle ever, and her big sister Emily is so proud. I'll post some pictures of the newest addition when I get them from her photographer mommy.
Nalley and I went to my friend Sandra's house today for her son's 3rd birthday party. Nalley adores all 3 of Sandra's kids. Anabel is 5, Charles turned 3 today, and Molly is 2 months older than Nalley. They all play so well together and it is such a joy to watch them interact. His party was a play-doh theme and it was Nalley's first experience with the fun, squishy, colorful goop...she was over the top.
Sandra is taking me to the Neil Diamond concert on Sunday night. She has box seats and was kind enough to ask me to go with her. Shayne is so upset that we are going because he has ALWAYS wanted to go to the Neil Diamond concert...and we have box seats to boot...isn't that just a kick in the pants.
Well, this has been one extremely LOOONG post to catch up...I think I've done just that. Now, off to catch up on some sleep that I missed last night, out scrappin' till midnight with Lisa... poor Ella, Ben and Charlie, slept through all of our howling laughter...

2 comments:

Laura said...

adorable photos ;)
your girls are so gorgeous.
looks like lots of fun in winnipeg! eh?

Lori Barnett said...

Hey you!! Those pics are so fun!! I totally laughted all the way through :) Ok....not at all the kids pics...those were cute. Anywho..just dropping in to say hi!