Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Back in the Great White North

Our trip to Georgia was fabulous. It was great to get to see all of my friends and family and catch up. There were a few people that I was hoping to see, but it just didn't happen. It really never fails that we all get sick while we are in Georgia. I don't know if it is from all of the people in one confined space on an airplane, or if we just have back germ luck... Shayne was getting over a cold when we left, and it re-surfaced while we were there. Our one shopping day to Marietta to do all of our BIG shopping and meet with Jeff and Kellee...Nalley got sick and threw up in the car. We did still manage to meet J&K for dinner, but the shopping was cut short. So much for that.

We were given tickets to see a UGA football game...Shayne was over the moon. The day turned out to be rainy and cold and I managed to squeak my way out of it and my best friend, DeShea's husband, Mickey went with Shayne. They had fun, didn't mind getting wet and got to spend some good time together. The DAWGS lost...but we don't want to talk about that.

Our Thanksgiving dinner with my brother and his family was nice. It was so strange to see how full the house was with everyone there. Next time, there will be another little one there to join the fun...we found out the day before Thanksgiving that we are expecting a new little one! We are so excited and have so much to be thankful for!

If you are wondering why this post is so boring and has no pictures...that would be because my dear, sweet husband left the camera at home. Thats right...I handed Shayne the camera on the night before we left and said, "Here, you are responsible for taking the camera."...and what does he do??? He forgets it! Nice... But, I have razzed him terribly for it, he feels awful about it, so I'll let it go now.

It was a great trip, so nice to be home with my family for a holiday. My parents say it is way too quiet in their house now. I guess so...no more little Nalley running around being silly. We're just counting down to see them again.

4 comments:

Mom On A Mission said...

I hate that we didn't get to see each other.:-( I'm glad that you had fun, otherwise.

I love you!!!

Laura said...

Jumping for Joy :)

Sorry to hear you all were sick. I think I caught it. I just started a sore throat this afternoon. Bahumbug on the cold weather.

Katie Jones said...

I'm assuming you were talking about the Ga Tech game? We were there... boo to the rain, boo to the cold, and boo to the loss! Be very glad you got out of it- wet and miserable.

Translation Services in Chennai said...

Translation Services in Kolkata
Translation Services in Delhi