Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Blue One...???

We have had avery rough few weeks lately with the very sudden and untimely death of Shayne's Grandma. She was a healthy, vivacious lady with great sense of humor, personality and love of her kids, grandkids and great-grandkids. We have mourned and grieved, attended her funeral and we are all still asking how it is possibly. She is greatly loved and greatly missed.

We do also have some happy news...we had our 21 week ultrasound on Monday and found out we are having a BOY!!! I was shocked, dismayed and confused when I heard the news because I was SURE it was a girl. I knew from day one that Nalley was a girl, and I had that same gut feeling about this one, so I was quite surprised to hear we are having a son. I wanted another girl so that we could re-use all of those gorgeous barely worn clothes of Nalley's, and also because I just feel a little more comfortable with girls, raising 2 already. With that being said, and having 2 days to sink in now, I am getting excited about having a sweet little boy around. As one of my friends mentioned, it will make me a more rounded mother, and we will also get to experience raising both genders. Shayne is over the moon now too, although we we BOTH hoping it would be a girl. I think that somewhere deep inside, having a son stirs men to the core...the legacy lives on.
Here are a couple of pictures from the ultrasound. I can't distinguish the little winky all that well...can any of you mothers of little boys see it any more clearly???

2 comments:

lauraping said...

Can I put my 2 cents in here?

You will enjoy and love that little boy more than you could ever imagine -- maybe because he will bring a welcome change into your life, or because little boys are so straight forward. Maybe it will be because boys always love their moms...

As a mom with two boys and a girl - I can honestly tell you it is different - VERY different. But, it is an adventure you would never want to miss.

Shayne is going to melt when he sees his son for the first time -- then he is going to wonder how he ever thought his life was full without him.

SO SO SO happy for your family :)

A Cupcake Life said...

Congrats! I know what you mean about the girl clothes. I wanted another girl so I could use the clothes again, since they barely get used! It will be fun shopping for new stuff though! They have come out with some better looking boy clothes over the years. I especially like the oranges they have for boys!

I have to visit your blog more, because I didn't realize that you were pregnant!

Sorry about the loss of your grandma.

~Dusti