Friday, April 10, 2009

Amazing Girlfriends



I saw this cute painting of girlfriends holding hands on Etsy here. It really made me think about what wonderful girlfriends I have! I'm sure I've mentioned it on this blog before how hard it can be to live 1500 miles away from all of my family and my life-long friends. I also have a few really great girlfriends scattered around the country that I miss dearly as well. However, since moving here to Winnipeg, just over 4 years ago, I have made some of the dearest friends of my life!!!


I am sure that motherhood bonds girlfriends in a way that is hard to describe. I had so many preconceived notions about what kind of mother I would be and what I would and would not do. Now, not having had Nalley until age 31, I had plenty of time to mature and didn't think that my ideas of motherhood were too far off base. HA! It is an experience unlike any other and NOTHING could have prepared me for it. It has been the most challenging and rewarding task I have ever undertaken. I have experienced love like I never knew it possible and been more frustrated and overwhelmed than I care to think about.


My point in all of this rambling is this: true, dear girlfriends don't hide the uglies of life from you. They are secure enough in themselves to allow you to see the clutter and chaos in their homes and in their lives. They keep your kids when you have doctor's appointments or just need a break, they cook you a meal when you've been ill or had a baby, they do thoughtful things for you just because they love you, they scrub your toilet when you're sick, they share your passions and concerns in life, they don't keep score because they know they will need you too one day, they tell you when you have broccoli in your teeth or toilet paper on your shoe. Girlfriends are a most priceless gift from GOD! Thank you to all of my girlfriends just for being you.


Funny thing about having a blog and also having a "digital" hobby is that I have also made girlfriends that I consider to be somewhat "close" with, and I have never actually met them...but I know that we would have a blast if we ever to get to come face to face!


Now, I am going to try to get some sleep...this baby has kept me up for the past three hours being a little skwirmy worm. Funny thing is that at my doctor's appointment today, my doctor was reading my ultrasound report and said a word (don't remember what it was) and then said, that just means that your baby is very active! HA, you don't have to tell me!

No comments: