Friday, April 3, 2009

Late Night Trip to the...


ER! Shortly after my last post on Wednesday...well, the wee hours of Thursday morning, my breathing got so bad that I made a little trip to the ER for some breathing treatments for my asthma. I had planned on just going to the Dr. on Thursday morning to get a puffer and some meds, but the baby was going a bit crazy and we got a bit scared.


My oxygen saturation was a teeny bit low and my heart rate was crazy at 140 resting (due in part to the breathing treatments), so they kept me there for about 4 hours to monitor me and then sent me right home with a puffer. I was so lucky not to have waited at all in the waiting room. When I checked in at admitting, the nurse walked me straight back to my room and the Dr. came in about 2 minutes later. I was on my first treatment within 5 minutes and in the care of some AMAZING nurses! They were so great and so funny, it made being at the ER at 3 a.m. at least tollerable!


My breathing is certainly better. Thank the Lord for breathing treatments and puffers...I just feel like a sledgehammer has been smashed against my head now. I have to say that I am pretty lucky though...Nalley has had 3 colds and the whole family had strep throat (which I am extrememly suseptable to) and I managed to escape those unscathed...so I am counting my blessings!

No comments: