Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A LOT going on

Needless to say, we have been a bit more than busy lately. We have been non stop working to get our house ready to put on the market next week. It's going well, I'm just really slow and it takes a lot out of me to do much physical labor at all.

I have also been busy trying to pick out new stuff for the new house. I've chosen most of the paint colors, ordered both of the girls bedding, etc... I ordered the Brooke bedding from Pottery Barn kid for Nalley. I had originally thought that I wanted to do her room in cupcakes (just cause I LOVE them so much), but then when I saw this bedding, I had to get it. Partly just because of how STINKIN' cute it is, but also largely due to the fact that I didn't have to enlist any creativity and re-invent the wheel to come up with some sort of bedding that was cupcake-ish...I just don't have that in me right now.


I opted for something a little more transitional and funky for Maybel's room, as she is just in that in between phase of girl and teen...don't they call them tweens now? I REFUSE to have a singer/show theme like Hannah Montana or High School Musical room in my house...I just can't do it. It is a stretch for me to even tollerate it, although it's what she loves right now, they grate on my last nerve lately. Lots of thing have grated on that last nerve lately, I guess it's a hormonal pregnancy thing, but man is that last little nerve wearing thin...lol!!!

I have been promising to make Maybel a quilt since I made Nalley one last year, and I had ordered the fabric, cut out the squares and piece a few strips already, then the house thing and new room changed all that. So, that quilt will be a cuddle quilt for the sofa now, and her quilt will be done to match her new bedding. I have ordered the fabric for it from the Moda Soiree line and I plan on once again, not using any of my own creativity (I am hoping that it is still intact after this pregnancy is over) and making a replica of the baby quilt seen below only in a twin size. It is called a Stacked Coin quilt and really couldn't be any simpler...but it soo stinkin' cute! I love it.


Next on the list is to make a little baby quilt for the new baby. We plan on calling him Lawson Shayne, and he needs a boyish quilt of his own. I am planning on keeping it simple and using a disappearing 9 patch pattern and I have ordered this fabric from the Katie Jump Rope line (not necessarily the fabrics shown) in oranges, blues, greens and browns. I think that will be a fun little project too, quick and easy, but really cute!



Lastly, I am also planning on making a new quilt for our king sized bed. That should be interesting. Again, I am going for simple, but the size alone seems a bit daunting to me. I am going to use the Lotus quilt pattern from Amy Butler, but I am using these gorgeous fabrics from Heather Bailey (thank you Laura for introducing me to HB) called Pop Garden and Bijoux. I am planning on quilting the other two quilts myself, but this one, I will send out to be quilted, I am just not that ambitious.
I really should be and would love to be sleeping right now, but I am awake with the beginnings of bronchitis and "stress induced asthma"...the stress being the cold that brought about the bronchitis. It happens to me at least once a year and if I don't catch it early, it will linger around for weeks or months. I don't have regular asthma, THANK THE LORD, but have bouts with it a couple times a year with seasonal allergies or this bronchitis crap. I have a hard enough time laying down and getting comfortable with this large belly of mine, then add on the fact that I can't breathe laying down...doesn't bode well for the sleeping thing. Then the tickle-y throat, the hacking dry cough, stuffy nose....need I say, it sucks!
On a more positive note, I am happy to say that I am getting very excited to bring this baby BOY into the world, a little more testosterone around here would likely make us all more happy, bring a little more balance into this estrogen filled house!















































1 comment:

HOPE said...

How Cute Cute Cute! Nice to see your work.

Since you mentioned the Disappearing Nine Patch..please stop by my blog..A Creative Heart, where I have just started using this..and my daughter has made one as well. We chose to make ours a Cottage Look.

Blessings..
HOPE