Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nalley's Prayer


When I was looking for a home daycare for Nalley for one day a week, one of my best girlfriends, Sandra, recommended her other friend Kathy's sister-in-law, Laura. Nalley has been going to "Miss Laura's" house for several months now and she LOVES it. She actually didn't want to leave today...which makes me feel good about where she is. She always comes home saying funny things that she picks up there...it makes me laugh to hear her say things or sing songs that I didn't teach her. One of those things is their lunchtime prayer. We always just say a normal "grown up" prayer, but at Laura's house, they sing a cute little kid's prayer.

The tune is to Frere Jacque (sorry about the spelling...I'm so not French) and the song goes like this:

Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus
For the food, For the Food
Bless it to our bodies, Bless it to our bodies
Amen. Amen.

This is the way Nalley came home singing it today:

Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus
For the spoon, For the spoon
Listen to the barbies, Listen to the barbies
Hairy men. Hairy men.

Needless to say: we have been cracking up all night asking her to sing it over and over again!

No comments: