Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Taking My Mind Off Things

We have had a very stressful few weeks with moving, packing, un-packing and renovations. In the midst of it all we have had some very difficult personal and family issues that we have been dealing with too. It has been really emotionally draining, heartbreaking, and truthfully very hard to be diplomatic. If you think of me and my family, please just say a prayer that God's peace and love will shine on our family.

Because I am not allowed to do much in the way of lifting or moving, I am extremely limited to what I can contribute to settling our household. And I find that too many trips up and down the stairs, even without lifting or carrying anything, takes it's toll on my very pregnant body. 33 weeks and counting the minutes folks! So to occupy some time and take my mind off of things, I have been scrapping a bit more lately. I NEEDED to get baby Lawson's Birth Announcement done, so I did...I won't post it until he's here...but I was very pleased. So, at the same time, I re-did a couple of other things that I wasn't thrilled with.

I didn't even know what digital scrapbooking was really when Nalley was born and I did her Birth Announcement. I was only BEGINNING to self teach Photoshop and really went about it the long and hard way. I never really did get it exactly as I wanted it and have not adhered it to her baby book yet, because I just didn't love it. I know this doesn't really COUNT as being her birth announcement, as it is not the copy that I mailed out to everyone...however...it is the one I will paste into her book. I'm sure I'll throw the other one in too...but c'mon people...I'm a perfectionist and a proud mommy...so I wanted it to look GREAT!

This LO is a scrap-lift from the Shabby Princess using her kit Blossom. I just stinkin' love the dress that Nalley is wearing in her 1 week photos, I love the yawn, and I love the Blossom kit...it is perfect!

Lastly, I did another birthday LO of Nalley's 1st...as I am so painfully aware that she will be 2 soon. I love this kit so much, I'm planning on using it for all of her birthday LO's. I'll print them off for her 12x12 album, of course, but I'll also print out a 4x4 version too, and do a mini album of just her birthday LOs...something she can look through anytime she wants too...

No comments: