Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lawson's Baby Quilt

I am ashamed to say that I started cutting the fabric for Lawson's baby quilt on the same day that I finished the binding on baby Ashlee's quilt...waaaaaay back in April. Now that it is the second week of September and Lawson is almost 8 weeks old, it is now finished...whew!

I LOOOOOOVE the way it turned out, but what's not to love about this Katie Jump Rope fabric. However, I am questioning it's use in my little BOY's quilt now that it is done. KJR is one of the only lines with any great boy-ish fabric these days, but the problem is that it was already discontinued when I bought this fabric and these were the only ones left that I could find. I know that it is a bit girlish with the use of the flower fabrics, but (PLEASE be honest) do you think that it is too girly for a baby boy? The jury is still out for me. Shayne says it doesn't matter (which means a lot coming from his daddy) and Maybel said, "it is a little girly, but not too much girly"...so I'm not sure!

Maybel helped me take the full shot picture outside, she is such a good little helper. Today was her first day of 4th grade, she is getting so old...it just kills me! Love that little stinker.

I have TONS more pics to share, like Nalley's photo shoot at the english gardens, our UGA outfit debacle for game day on Saturday, some cute randoms of growing Lawson...etc...but I haven't had time to edit them yet...one day.




22 comments:

Christina said...

Ohhhh, it looks great! I have yet to do a quilt with my KJR fabrics.

Zonnah said...

It is sooo cute!

Vicki said...

I think it is a great FUN kid's quilt! Not too girly at all.

Ann said...

This is really lovely! I think we place far too much emphasis on what is "boy" and what is "girl". When you look at the old quilts made by mothers for sons, they nearly all contain pink and florals!
Thanks, Ann.

Allie said...

Super cute quilt (and baby)!

Vicki said...

nope, it's not too girly. It's very awesome though, and cute, in a baby boy-ish way.

Kaye Prince said...

This is such a beautiful quilt and I think the colours and fabrics you chose are just perfect for a little boy!

Rebekah said...

Beautiful quilt! That's such a fun idea to use a textured fabric in there too

Lee said...

Nope not to girly. beautiful and so is your baby!!

SewCalGal said...

Great quilt. Very nice colors & fabric selection. You did a fantastic job!

Thanks for sharing and for participating in the Bloggers Quilt Festival.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

kathy said...

It has very masculine colors, and is totally not too girly! And I love pictures of baby quilts with babies on top. Makes beautiful quilts even more special!

creativedawn said...

a very nice boy quilt using primary colors! he will always treasure it!
hugz, Pam

Katie B. said...

I love this quilt! It's just perfect.

QuiltSue said...

What a lovely sunshine-y quilt for a baby.

Leslie said...

your KJR quilt is amazing...i think it definitely works for a little boy. you made a beautiful quilt

Jennifer said...

Brown, blue, green, red...so colorful and definitely BOY! I've got 2 boys and a girl and sometimes it seems like if it's not army or tranformers, then it's girly but this quilt is awesome. Great patterns for a baby to stare at, great colors to make it perfect for a toddler...it's such a great quilt! Thanks for sharing!

Sara said...

I have 3 boys and I don't think it is too girly at all! The colors are wonderful and I love the pattern! Good job!

quiltmom said...

I love your baby quilt- very fun cheery prints - just perfect for your beautiful baby boy.
Hope you are enjoying life in Winnepeg- and living in Canada. We are generally a friendly lot.
Warmest regards from another Western Canadian( I live in Edmonton),
Anna

Ylime said...

Wow! Gorgeous!! I absolutely LOVE you color combos. I never would have thought to put this together, but it is fabulous. Lucky baby!

Diane said...

So Cute! I love the splashes of yellow! This is one lucky baby!

Ylime said...

Hi,

Just wanted to say how much I love your quilt and that I've featured it in a roundup of some of my favorites from the Park City Girl Fall Quilt Festival. Thanks! http://emilyflippinmaruna.wordpress.com/2009/11/03/park-city-girl-quilt-showcase-pt-1/

Emily
The Handmade Experiment

Natalia said...

Very cute! I love your color choices!