Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy Dance...

is what I'm doing right now. My kids are BOTH napping....at the same time...right now and I'm frantically getting ready for dinner club at our house tomorrow night. (I'm serving my Canadian friends some good 'ole traditional Southern home cookin'). But what to my wondering eyes should appear...the UPS man, what a sweet dear! He brought me some Nicey Jane...yay! Thanks Fabric.com for the great deal on it, but really, why must you send it all squished up and poorly folded? It really is a shame to see it that way, with it being so naturally beautiful and all! But maybe I've just become accustomed to my nicely folded fabric, thanks so much to the Happy Zombie for her great tutorial on it, all of my fabric sits beautifully in my fabric cupboards waiting to be chosen for my next project. Nicey Jane, you'll just have to go sit patiently for me to get to you...don't worry, it won't be long, I'll need to use you in a baby quilt soon!


Speaking of baby quilts, I am over the top excited about the response that we've gotten about my baby quilt project for the hospital. Although, I would love to see a little love here on my blog...Amber has gotten many comments of people wanting to contribute. Also, Jacquie of Tallgrass Prairie Studio and Rebekah of Don't Call me Becky have both offered to blog about it, so check their blogs soon!
I guess I should have also told you the rest of my plan for these quilts...our family is planning to go deliver as many of the quilts as I have time to put together (while still being mom to 3 and running this household and my business) to the nursery along with some cupcakes and treats for the staff of the IMCU on Lawson's First birthday. It will make a special day even more special for us all. I am really hoping to get them all done, but any that are not completed will go a.s.a.p. afterward. So, come on, join the fun...and you'll be entered to win in both Amber's and my giveaways...

2 comments:

Amber said...

I know - I'm so excited too - and will post about your giveaway today!! Love Nicey Jane - and I think they make up for the bad folding with the extra inches they always give :-)

Michelle @ Periwinkle said...

I just came upon your blog, and will come back and read more later, I love the quilt in the post you made for the ICU (with the rectangles), good luck on the collecting blocks, I may contribute to that somehow, but must run now, later...