Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy FIRST Birthday, Little Dude!!!

I seriously CANNOT believe that my little baby is ONE today!  This picture was taken yesterday by a staff photographer from the Winnipeg Free Press.  A follow up article will be printed in today’s newspaper, covering the presentation and donation of the quilts we are taking down today.  What better way to celebrate Lawson’s birthday???

KEN GIGLIOTTI / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS / JULY 15   2010 - 100715 - Sandi Klowak story-  Kathy Murray with son Lawson age 1, is leading a group that makes quilts for babies  at  the intermediate care unit  of  Women’s Hospital . They provide support families of sick babies , and are presenting 190 quilts to the hospital  Friday . People from all over the world have provided  quilts , squares , and baby sleepers
 

After a few more quilts trickled in through out the day, I counted them all as I was sorting them last night, and I have 173 in my house, and another 31 that have been made, but not delivered yet.  Our grand total is 204 baby quilts, and 80+ sleepers. 

Now, here are two pictures that reminded me about exactly why I began this journey…my heart still hurts when I see it.  I remember so profoundly how my heart felt like it would break just looking at him, and feeling so desperate to have him home with me.

IMG_3351

To think that he fought so hard to get well, and today he is a VERY BUSY, healthy and happy little boy…I am so thankful and so blessed!

IMG_2555

Thank you to all who have contributed to Quilting for Babes, in each and every way, it could not have been done with out you!!!!  And Happy Birthday Lawson, I love you more than you will EVER know!!!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Happy Birthday Lawson!! Wow, Kathy, 204?!?! You really accomplished something special. Thanks for all your hard work, and thanks for starting a journey for me personally in the quilting and blogging world that I am just loving! Have a great time delivering this load of love today, can't wait to see the article. Hats off to you, girlfriend!

Christina said...

I'm so late - but happy birthday little guy! I am so seriously behind on ALL my blogs, it's ridiculous! I'm so glad the quilts were a success! I wish I could have done more to help out.

Anonymous said...

We received one of the beautiful quilts and cupcake sleeper...thank you so much!

I'd like to send a real thankyou card and picture - my email is atpenner@hotmail.com