Tuesday, October 26, 2010

No Tricks…Just Treats

There hasn’t been a dull moment around our house in months.  I’m not one to sit idle, else I start to go crazy, but I think I might enjoy an idle moment or two at this point…

Lately I’ve been busy getting ready for Halloween.  It is one of my favorite holidays…not for the scariness of it, although I do enjoy a good scary movie now and then.  But it has long been a favorite, for one simple reason…CANDY!  My parents nicknamed me “candy Kathy” when I was a kid, because I am SERIOUSLY addicted!!!  I do love seeing all the little kids dressed up and having so much fun trick-or-treating too!

IMG_7195 copy

Nalley and I decorated our house this week, and we made treat bags for her preschool class and her teachers and babysitters.  I used my Cricut and Make-the-Cut software to cut and print the cute little ghosts from Boo to You by Mindy Terasawa.  (Yes that is the digital kit that was used for the Riley Blake Boo to You fabric I used for the kids Treat bags found here.)  I used clear thread to hang them from the tops of the bags.

IMG_7202 copy

The other cute little treat holders were inspired by these made by Kim at Stampin’ by the Sea.  She used the Stampin’ Up dies to cut out the shapes and tape them together to make the holder…but I just made a custom shape in Photoshop and created a cut file in Make the Cut to make it lots simpler and cheaper for me because I didn’t have to buy the die.  It is a super cute treat holder and I was pleased with how they turned out.

IMG_7197 copy

I used some yummy Swiss chocolates I got from Costco to cover and put inside.  I used digital papers and printed them out…most are Shabby Princess.

Speaking of Shabby Princess…I am VERY sad to say that I resigned from the team this week as a result of all of the stressful stuff going on in our lives right now.  I didn’t have enough time to commit to doing the kind of job i wanted to, or to meet all of the requirements for the team.  I have shed many tears over it, but I know in the end, it will take a little pressure off of me during this time in our lives..and SP made it easier by being so understanding and supportive…but that is just the kind of wonderful person she is!  Girls, I will miss you and miss being a part of the wonderful team!  Love you!

I have made both girls’ Halloween costumes this year, the first time I’ve ever made a costume!  Nalley is going as Little Miss Muffett, so I made her a peasant style dress with a mop hat, apron, and ruffle cuff bloomer pants…it is adorable, if I do say so myself!  Maybel wanted to go as Dorothy Gale, from the Wizard of Oz.  After checking the local party store for a costume, and realizing I wasn’t paying $40 for a cheap looking dress that would fall apart before we got home from Trick or Treating, I went and bought some fabric.  Now…I didn’t buy a pattern…no, I am winging this one…how brilliant.

She isn’t here this week for me to fit it to her, so I’m just crossing my fingers, but so far it is looking pretty good for someone who has no idea what they are doing…LOL!  I guess we’ll see!

2 comments:

CarolaD said...

Your boundless energy amazes me! I'm sure those happy little kindergarten students LOVED your creative and thoughtful treats. Sounds like you had a very Happy Hallowe'en at your house! Looking forward to seeing the photos of your kids' costumes.
Carola D

www.raybanwayfareroutlet.com said...

Safe Order lunettes de soleil pas cher good reviews for lunettesdesoleilparis.fr.