Friday, February 18, 2011

New Look, New Beginning

It has been so long since I last posted, not because there is any shortage of news in my life...in fact there has been an ABUNDANCE of drama.  But I have a new look on my blog today...and it is a new beginning in our lives.

The main purpose of this blog as it began was to keep all of my friends and family back home up to date of the goings on in our busy life here in Canada.  It has progressed to include a great deal more of my creative side and the goings on of my business, Magnolia Designs and my quilting and scrapbooking hobbies.  As such, I have tried to keep the details of our personal affairs to a minimum, since it is a public forum and lots of the people that visit I do not know at all.

However, since I do still try and keep my peeps up to date, I do share some of our personal story.  So I should update the blog to include that on New Years Day, my husband Shayne decided to leave our marriage.  That desicion as well as some of the other details of the story came as quite a shock to our family.  We have been trying to deal with these circumstances with dignity and honor, so I will not share any other information.  The kids and I are doing very well, all things considered.  We have an AMAZING group of friends and family here and back home that have held us up in our weakest moments.  Were it not for this wonderful group of people and the love and strength of our MIGHTY GOD, I don't know where we would be right now. 

We carry on...the blog will continue, although likely at irregular intervals...life as a single parent is B-U-S-Y to say the least.

9 comments:

Kristie said...

Yay, Kathy! Good to see you back. LOVE the new look! Things are topsy-turvey now, but I know that crafting can be a great outlet...I am hoping it will help to soothe you in the times ahead. It is one of your MANY talents! Can't wait to see the wonderful things God has planned for you in the future.

XOXO

Sheryl and Derek said...

Hey my friend. The new blog looks great!! Cheering you on, holding you up in prayer and believing for GOODNESS in your life. love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I found this blog way back when - and had been missing it as your creativity is inspiring!
You will get through this!
Keep your head high!

Nicole LeBlanc said...

Hi Kathy! Love the new look to the blog! Continue to stay strong and lean on God! I had fun browsing through all of your projects!

CarolaD said...

Happy to see that you are back on line Kathy! Sorry to hear about the difficulties that have come your way, but I think you are a strong person and you will overcome any obstacles. We met briefly last July at your home during the "Quilting for Babes" project, and I was amazed at your energy and initiative.
All things happen for a reason and this, too, will lead you to where you are meant to be.
"When God closes a door, he always opens a window"...
All the best to you and yours,
Carola

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Henrietta said...

You are very clearly talented, I'm glad to hear that you've got everything all worked out!

Iron Realms Entertainment: Tears of Polaris, Achaea, Aetolia, Lusternia and Imperian

LISA said...

Kathy, I just asked Amber (One Shabby Chick) if she ever recieved pictures from the quilts that were done. She sent me a link to your blog. I do not know what your situation is today, but I do feel that God has put you and your children on my prayer list. I pray He is your help and comfort in this difficult time.

www.raybanwayfareroutlet.com said...

Safe Order lunettes de soleil pas cher good reviews for lunettesdesoleilparis.fr.