Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Twist on the Advent Calendar

So little time to craft lately, but i wanted to do a special little advent calendar for Jason's kids...something that kind of matched the one that my kids use...

This is not reusable...but it's different and i wanted to try it out... I made 24 little "sour cream" containers and crimped the ends with my crimping tool.  I used the Stampin' Up digital files for the 25 Days of Christmas stamp set, and set them on some smaller scalloped squares I cut with my NEW Silhouette Cameo...freakin' love it, BTW!  





I used the same papers from October Afternoon that I did when I made my kids' advent calendar and taught this class.

Today is the day!!! I know they will have fun opening them up to see the treats inside!

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Adorable! Makes the advent calendars I bought my kids at Superstore look super lame-o ;)

Hope you enjoyed the movie! Can you get him hooked??

Niyati said...

If there's one more thing I love about your blog, besides the extreme creativity and fun, is the cute little sign-off right at the end.
How do you make sure it's there on every blog post?? I've been trying to use code to make it happen but it keeps messing up my blog formatting.

This is by far the most colourful and creative blog I've read in a while. I'll definitely be back :)

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I met you at a Stampin Up show at Jocelyne's place years ago. Anyway, I was cleaning out my wallet and found your card. Just wanted to tell you that I love the advent calendar idea. I will try this for my kids. I enjoy your blog. You have inspired me to try a very simple quilt and maybe one day setting up a blog of my own. Love your creations.
Lindsay J

Ari Echavez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Avi Echavez said...

They look so pretty that I could stare at them all day. :)

www.raybanwayfareroutlet.com said...

Much Better Than Expected replica louis vuitton would recommend to others .